Stay updated on news, articles and information for the rail industry
- Short Lines & Regionals
- Passenger Rail
- Legislative & Reg.
- Rail Industry Trends
- Supplier Spotlight
- High Speed Rail
Rail News: Railroading People
LRIW elects five new board members
The League of Railway Industry Women (LRIW) yesterday announced the election of five new board members.
The new members and their positions are:
• Urszula Soucie, director of trade shows and operations at the Railway Engineering-Maintenance Suppliers Association, was named LRIW's treasurer;
• Mary Schroll, senior manager industry and public projects at Union Pacific Railroad, was named parliamentarian;
• Emilia Marceta, project coordinator of signals and communications and network infrastructure at Metrolinx, was named public relations and outreach chair;
• Claire Tomlinson, office manager at L.B. Foster Rail Technologies, was named events chair; and
• Tanis Peterson, director of regulatory affairs at the Railway Association of Canada, was named LRIW's director.
LRIW President Jodi Heldt noted that her organization will be looking for volunteers in early March to join newly formed member-driven committees.
"We urge our members to get involved in LRIW to promote women in our industry while also advancing their own careers through new professional experiences and networking opportunities," Heldt said in a press release.
Contact Progressive Railroading editorial staff.