Stay updated on news, articles and information for the rail industry
- Short Lines & Regionals
- Passenger Rail
- Legislative & Reg.
- Rail Industry Trends
- Supplier Spotlight
- High Speed Rail
Rail News: Railroading People
Operation Lifesaver elects new board members
Operation Lifesaver Inc. (OLI) has added five members to its board, including three Class I employees.
The new members are:
• Katie Chimelewski, director of community affairs and safety, CSX;
• Denise Gauthier, senior manager of field safety support, BNSF Railway Co.;
• Danny Lites, public safety director, Kansas City Southern Railway Co.;
• Jessica Feder, Indiana Operation Lifesaver executive director; and
• Nancy Sheehan-McCulloch, state coordinator of California Operation Lifesaver.
"These new board members, like their outgoing counterparts, are dedicated to our mission to prevent deaths and injuries at railroad crossings and around freight, passenger and transit tracks and property," said OLI President and Chief Executive Officer Bonnie Murphy in a press release. "We are grateful to all of them for their leadership and careful stewardship of our rail safety education efforts."
OLI board officers continuing their terms include William Barringer, railroad consultant and former director of grade crossing safety at Norfolk Southern Corp.; Jo Strang, vice president for regulatory affairs at the American Short Line and Regional Railroad Association; and Steven Neubauer, director of institutional safety at BNSF.
Contact Progressive Railroading editorial staff.