All fields are required.
• Harsco Corp. Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Salvatore Fazzolari has resigned, company officials said in a prepared statement. Harsco Director Henry Knueppel will serve as interim chairman and CEO while the board searches for a permanent successor.
• The Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank) approved an $83.1 million loan guarantee to support the sale of six U.S.-made locomotives, and various rail cars and mining equipment to the Iron Ore Company of Canada, according to an Ex-Im Bank press release. The U.S. companies involved include Electro-Motive Diesel Inc., American Railcar Industries Inc., Freightcar America Inc., Harnischfeger Corp., Komatsu America Corp. and Caterpillar Inc. Comerica Bank is the transaction’s guaranteed lender.
• The Timken Co. has announced an average increase of 10 percent in calculated load ratings for Timken® tapered roller bearings used in a variety of mobile and industrial equipment. “For customers, the higher ratings mean increased power density — more performance packed into smaller, lighter bearings, boosting the energy efficiency of the equipment they help keep in motion,” Tikmen officials said in a prepared statement.
• Michael Baker Jr. Inc. announced David Wilcock joined the firm as vice president and national practice leader of rail and transit. A 29-year transportation industry professional, Wilcock has “extensive” project and program management experience, particularly in rail and transit planning, design, construction and project implementation, firm officials said in a prepared statement. His rail and transit background encompasses project and program administration and transportation operations.
• Unitrac Railroad Materials Inc. has received the 2011 “Best in Class” Supplier award from RailAmerica Inc.
• On March 1, VAE Nortrak plans to change its name to voestalpine Nortrak Inc.
APTA 'encouraged' by House leadership's shift on transit funding »
Kinder Morgan, Martin Midstream to develop crude oil rail terminal in Texas »
HART board names former MBTA leader as CEO finalist »
California commission approves funding for ACE grade separation »
UP eyes trackwork in Missouri, earns pipe industry award »