Progressive Railroading

Newsletter Sign Up
Stay updated on news, articles and information for the rail industry



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.


View Current Digital Issue »


RAIL EMPLOYMENT & NOTICES



Rail News Home Safety

12/4/2018



Rail News: Safety

Michigan DOT awards funding for grade crossing projects


advertisement

The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) has awarded 48 grade crossing projects a combined $3 million, the agency announced yesterday.

MDOT awarded the funds under the 2019 Local Grade Crossing Surface Program. Chosen on a competitive basis, the projects range from minor asphalt repairs to installation of new track and surface materials, MDOT officials said in a press release.

This year, 80 applications for funds were submitted by 38 road agencies in partnership with 15 railroads, they said.

The annual program offers 60 percent funding for eligible projects; railroads fund the remaining 40 percent. Railroads and their contractors perform all work, with cooperation for detour routes provided by local road agencies.

The 2019 projects that qualified for funds are listed here.



Contact Progressive Railroading editorial staff.

More News from 12/4/2018