Stay updated on news, articles and information for the rail industry
- Short Lines & Regionals
- Passenger Rail
- Legislative & Reg.
- Rail Industry Trends
- Supplier Spotlight
- High Speed Rail
Rail News: Railroading People
Denver's RTD reveals finalists in interim CEO search
The Regional Transportation District of Denver’s (RTD) board last week selected five finalists for interim general manager and chief executive officer.
The five candidates, who were chosen from 40 applicants from across the country and underwent preliminary interviews, are:
- Paul Ballard, former president and CEO of Trinity Metro;
- Amy Ford, director of the Intelligent Transportation Society of America’s (ITS America) Mobility on Demand Alliance;
- Michael Ford, RTD’s chief operations officer;
- Mike Meader, RTD’s chief safety and security officer; and
- Jackie Millet, mayor of Lone Tree, Colorado.
Ballard retired in April 2019 from Trinity Metro, the transit agency serving the Fort Worth, Texas, area.
Prior to joining ITS America, Amy Ford worked for the Colorado Department of Transportation as director of communications, and chief of advanced mobility and executive lead for the RoadX program.
Michael Ford joined RTD in 2018 as COO, and Meader joined RTD in August 2016.
Millet has been the mayor of Lone Tree for four years.
RTD will make an offer of employment to one of the selected finalists by Jan. 23. That person will succeed GM and CEO Dave Genova, who has plans to retire on Jan. 20.
Contact Progressive Railroading editorial staff.