Stay updated on news, articles and information for the rail industry
- Short Lines & Regionals
- Passenger Rail
- Legislative & Reg.
- Rail Industry Trends
- Supplier Spotlight
- High Speed Rail
Rail News: Passenger Rail
Orange County authority sets strategic initiatives for 2019
The Orange County Transportation Authority's (OCTA) board has announced its 2019 strategic initiatives, which focus on delivering capital projects, offering more modern transit solutions and emphasizing fiscal responsibility.
Six initiatives — which are targeted for completion by year’s end — will serve as a guide for the year and specify objectives, OCTA officials said in a press release.
The initiatives call for:
• advancing capital projects, including new transportation centers and starting work to expand Metrolink's Anaheim Canyon Station;
• championing fiscal responsibility;
• developing state-of-the-art regional transportation plans by focusing on future needs, including a Bristol Street Corridor study;
• strengthening regional partnerships by collaborating on plans, such as a study with the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority to analyze transit connections between the two counties;
• offering more modern transit options, such as by implementing new technologies and approving an operations and maintenance contract for the OC Streetcar; and
• reinforcing a safety culture, including the development of a safety management system.
"OCTA looks forward to a very active and productive 2019, as these initiatives reflect the board's dedication to improving the way we travel throughout Orange County and plan for the future of our regional transportation system," said OCTA Chairman Tim Shaw.
Contact Progressive Railroading editorial staff.