Media Kit » Try RailPrime™ Today! »
Progressive Railroading
Newsletter Sign Up
Stay updated on news, articles and information for the rail industry



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.




railPrime
View Current Digital Issue »


RAIL EMPLOYMENT & NOTICES



Rail News Home Maintenance Of Way

12/9/2020



Rail News: Maintenance Of Way

Michigan DOT awards grants for grade crossing surface improvements


The awards were issued through the state's annual Local Grade Crossing Surface Program.
Photo – MDOT/Facebook

advertisement

The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) yesterday announced 37 grade crossing surface improvement projects have been awarded a total of $3 million in grants.

The awards were issued through the state's annual Local Grade Crossing Surface Program, which provides 60 percent funding of a project's cost. The railroads are responsible for covering the remaining 40 percent.

Projects funded under the program could involve anything from minor asphalt repairs to installing new track and surface materials, MDOT officials said in a press release.

All work will be performed by the railroad and its contractors, with cooperation for detour routes to be provided by local road agencies. The railroad and local agency are responsible for scheduling the construction work, state officials said.

The next call for project funding will open in July 2021.



Contact Progressive Railroading editorial staff.

More News from 12/9/2020