Stay updated on news, articles and information for the rail industry
- Short Lines & Regionals
- Passenger Rail
- Legislative & Reg.
- Rail Industry Trends
- Supplier Spotlight
- High Speed Rail
Rail News: Maintenance Of Way
ConnectOregon grants awarded to intermodal projects
The Oregon Transportation Commission has awarded $49.5 million for 39 multimodal projects across the state, the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) announced last week.
The ConnectOregon program focuses on improving connections among transportation modes while supporting the state's economy. The funds are dedicated to non-highway projects, according to a press release issued by the ODOT.
Rail-specific ConnectOregon grants were issued to:
• Union Pacific Corp., nearly $8.3 million, for the Portland passenger-freight rail speed improvement;
• Morrow County Grain Growers Inc., $2.5 million, for the Boardman Grain Elevator unit train unloading project;
• Marion Ag Service Inc., $498,565 for the Marion Ag Service rail spur;
• Wallowa Union Railroad Authority, $350,000, for the Elgin complex rail spur repair;
• LRY LLC, $325,000, for the Lake Railway's 5,000 ties project to support growth;
• Wyoming Colorado Railroad Inc., $119,749, for bridge program No. 1; and
• Rogue Valley Terminal Railroad Corp., $117,300, for Western Emulsions/Boise Cascade track upgrades.
ConnectOregon grants may be awarded to private sector applicants, municipalities, cities, counties, governing organizations, and other transportation-related entities.
Contact Progressive Railroading editorial staff.