<< Rail News Home
: Rail Industry Trends
Rail News: Rail Industry Trends
Equipment leasing, financing shows slight improvement in February
New commercial equipment business volume in February decreased 6 percent month over month and 3 percent year over year, according to the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association’s monthly leasing and finance index.
However, February’s index shows a slowing of volume decreases from January’s decline of 52.1 percent vs. December 2009 and 24 percent vs. January 2009.
The index tracks the volume of commercial equipment financed in the United States.
More news items from 3/24/2010
- Washington State DOT awaits HSR grant award, project approval from FRA
- Colorado's Rocky Mountain Rail Authority releases HSR feasibility study
- Amtrak seeks congressional funding to replace aging rolling stock
- New York MTA to alter services at LIRR, Metro-North and NYCT
- FRA to use simulator 'lab' to analyze train accidents
- CSX survives - even thrives - in 'tumultuous' 2009, annual report states
- Newly minted California law provides much-needed transit funding, SFMTA says
- DART to review expenses after reduced sales tax predictions
- WMATA contracts ENSCO for track inspection vehicle
- Illinois commission blesses five-year crossing upgrade plan
- In memoriam: NS logo, 'Thoroughbred' brand architect H. Pier Clifford
- Amtrak names Merrill VP of policy and development
- TriMet eyes service cuts, tries to bridge budget gap
- UP to bolster infrastructure in Kansas, Washington
- LIRR makes strides with reducing 'gap' accidents
- Amtrak Cascades service to Vancouver extended into fall
- Updates from HAX Technologies, Bombardier, Alcatel-Lucent, Integran Technologies, Faiveley Transport, Stage 8 Locking Fasteners and EAO Switch Corp.