<< Rail News Home
: Railroading People
Rail News: Railroading People
Henry succeeds Davis as Genesee & Wyoming SVP, Utah Railway president
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (GWI) has appointed Paula Henry senior vice president of the Rocky Mountain Region and president of Utah Railway Co. to succeed James Davis, who retired. Henry most recently was chief operating officer of Tacoma Rail.
A more than 40-year rail industry veteran, Davis joined GWI subsidiary Rail Link Inc. in 1996 and became general manager of Utah Railway after GWI acquired the short line in 2002. Later, he was named SVP of the Utah Region, which became the Rocky Mountain Region last year.
GWI owns and operates regionals and short lines in the United States, Canada and Australia, and owns a minority interest in a Bolivian railroad.
More news items from 4/1/2008
- U.S. Class Is bring on a few more workers in February, STB data shows
- UTU-represented engineers, conductors approve pact with northern Indiana agency
- UP promotes Zalar to Wichita unit's superintendent of transportation services
- Metro-North posts progress on Yankee Stadium station
- CSXI, UP raise fuel surcharges in April
- Updates from Faiveley Transport, Pacer, TFG Transfracht, Loram, Union Tank Car, ARCADIS, Bentley Systems, Greenbrier, Safety Vision and MISCOR Group
- Bombardier to develop high-speed train with AnsaldoBreda, deliver Ethernet trains in Germany and The Netherlands