Stay updated on news, articles and information for the rail industry
- Short Lines & Regionals
- Passenger Rail
- Legislative & Reg.
- Rail Industry Trends
- Supplier Spotlight
- High Speed Rail
Derailment Prevention Strategies
You will discover the key components required for a world-class derailment prevention program, which include:
- A corporate focus, including statistical analysis, periodic reviews, and establishment of a multidisciplinary corporate team with a mission to prevent derailments.
- Strategic deployment of fault detection technologies such as WILD, TPD, HBD, wheel profile, wedge rise on the mechanical side. Also, on the track side technologies such as track geometry car measurements, gage restraint measurement system (GRMS), ultrasonic rail flaw detection, VERSE neutral temperature testing, rail profile and rail wear measurements, and vertical track deflection testing.
- Properly trained field investigation teams made up of all operating groups.
- Use of state of the art simulation technology to verify potential causes, such as train slack action or vehicle-track interaction issues.
- Application of derailment risk assessment tools to identify potential derailment risks and deploy appropriate mitigation strategies.
**The participation of our sponsors in this webcast enables us to provide this event free of charge. By registering for this event, you approve that we may share your registration information, including email, with our sponsors. We do not permit sponsors to use your personally identifiable information without your permission for any purposes other than to send you information about their own products and services.