This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google
Terms of Service apply.
• Rail transportation consulting firm CANARAIL has appointed Miguel Valero president. Prior to joining CANARAIL, he worked for various international companies in the road transport and industrial sectors. “With the increase of rail transportation projects, particularly urban ones, there will be more opportunities for CANARAIL to promote its professionals’ expertise, such as railway electrification, and continue to grow both in Quebec and abroad,” Valero said in a prepared statement.
• AECOM Technology Corp. has named Keith Hampson global transit and rail director for the company’s transportation business. He will focus on leading and expanding AECOM’s global rail end market, according to a company press release. Prior to joining AECOM, Hampson was executive director of rail and aviation for Halcrow Group. He also has served as general manager and director for Balfour Beatty Rail Projects Ltd., and has more than 20 years of experience in the rail industry.
• Parsons Brinckerhoff has named Rick Capka area manager-construction services in Seattle. He will be responsible for managing the firm’s construction services operations in the Seattle area, where the firm is involved with several projects, including a tunnel to replace the Alaskan Way Viaduct. Capka most recently served as a construction manager for Sound Transit, working on several underground contracts associated with the University Link light-rail project.
• HDR has named Kathi Thompson director of real estate services. She most recently was assistant director of real estate services. She joined HDR in 2007 as part of the company’s acquisition of real estate consulting firm PHAROS Corp. Before joining PHAROS, Thompson was Sound Transit’s commuter-rail senior representative for real estate services, according to an HDR press release.
• Kam Shadan, vice president and regional officer manager of Gannett Fleming, has been reelected to the executive committee of the California Transit Association for the 2011-2013 term. Based in the Mill Valley, Calif., office, Shadan has been responsible for strategic planning, organizational development, recruitment, marketing, client relations and profit and loss of office operations, according to the company.
• Emerson Bearing has appointed marketing specialist Joe Falvey to oversee the company’s new Transportation Division. Falvey, who has served the company for 28 years, will assist clients in determining which bearing technologies would be most suitable for them, according to the company. Falvey also oversees the Material Handling Division and previously held the position of sales representative.