Stay updated on news, articles and information for the rail industry
- Short Lines & Regionals
- Passenger Rail
- Legislative & Reg.
- Rail Industry Trends
- Supplier Spotlight
- High Speed Rail
Rail News: Security
Progressive Railroading enhances agenda for Secure Rail conference
Progressive Railroading continues to develop presentations for Secure Rail, which will be the first conference to address North American rail security from an organizational perspective.
To be held Feb. 3-4, 2015, at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort in Orlando, Fla., Secure Rail will feature strategies and insights from industry experts on how to better manage the safety and security of employees, passengers, technologies and assets, such as protection from man-made threats and dangers. The event also will include a number of networking opportunities and tabletop exhibits.
Presentation topics at Secure Rail will include:
• the Transportation Security Administration's vision for rail security;
• how Amtrak plans to "move America" safely and securely;
• data security and the "digital railway";
• ways to keep flammable-liquid shipments safe and secure;
• PTC cyber security;
• hazardous materials security "beyond the tank car";
• best practices for transit security;
• implications of the federal rail routing rule; and
• the Bay Area Rapid Transit's security surveillance survey.
To access the updated agenda and to register, log onto www.SecureRailConference.com.
Contact Progressive Railroading editorial staff.
More News from 12/1/2014
Canadian government extends grain volume requirements for CN, CP into 2015 »