Stay updated on news, articles and information for the rail industry
- Short Lines & Regionals
- Passenger Rail
- Legislative & Reg.
- Rail Industry Trends
- Supplier Spotlight
- High Speed Rail
Rail News: Security
Early bird rate ends today for Secure Rail conference
The early bird rate of $699 to attend Progressive Railroading's Secure Rail conference next year ends today. Beginning tomorrow, registration will cost $899.
To be held Feb. 3-4, 2015, at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort in Orlando, Fla., Secure Rail will be the first conference to address North American rail security from an organizational perspective. The event will feature strategies and insights from industry experts on how to better manage the safety and security of employees, passengers, technologies and assets, such as protection from man-made threats and dangers. The conference also will include a number of networking opportunities and tabletop exhibits.
Presentation topics at Secure Rail will include:
• the Transportation Security Administration's vision for rail security;
• how Amtrak plans to "move America" safely and securely;
• data security and the "digital railway";
• ways to keep flammable-liquid shipments safe and secure;
• PTC cyber security;
• hazardous materials security "beyond the tank car";
• best practices for transit security;
• implications of the federal rail routing rule; and
• the Bay Area Rapid Transit's security surveillance survey.
To register for the $699 early bird rate, log onto www.SecureRailConference.com.
Contact Progressive Railroading editorial staff.
More News from 12/5/2014
AAR: U.S. roads logged their ninth-straight monthly carload gain in November »
FRA considers granting 'Buy America' waiver to Amtrak, California rail authority for train prototypes »