Media Kit » Try RailPrime™ Today! »
Progressive Railroading
Newsletter Sign Up
Stay updated on news, articles and information for the rail industry



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.




railPrime
View Current Digital Issue »


RAIL EMPLOYMENT & NOTICES



Rail News Home Safety

3/3/2022



Rail News: Safety

Illinois commission issues funds for CN, UP grade crossing projects


advertisement

The Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC) this week announced $2.3 million in grant awards for two grade crossing improvement projects in two counties.

The funding comes form the state's Grade Crossing Protection Fund, ICC officials said in a press release.

In Will County, a $2 million grant has been issued for a grade separation project involving CN-owned track in New Lenox. The funds will cover costs associated with the second phase of Phase 2 engineering work for the development of contract plans, specifications and estimates. The grant will cover 89% of the total project cost of $2,239,150. Will County will cover the remaining 11%. Work must be completed by July 2023.

In Shelby County, a $348,925 grant has been awarded to install new automatic warning devices at a crossing owned by Union Pacific Railroad in Shelbyville. The grant will cover 95% of the total estimated cost of $367,289.

UP will cover the remaining 5% of costs and future maintenance expenses. Work is to be completed by late January 2023.



Contact Progressive Railroading editorial staff.

More News from 3/3/2022