Stay updated on news, articles and information for the rail industry
- Short Lines & Regionals
- Passenger Rail
- Legislative & Reg.
- Rail Industry Trends
- Supplier Spotlight
- High Speed Rail
Rail News: Railroading People
APTA recognizes Li as outstanding public transportation manager
The Sacramento Regional Transit District’s (SacRT) General Manager and Chief Executive Officer Henry Li received the 2019 Outstanding Public Transportation Manager Award from the American Public Transportation Association (APTA).
APTA presents the award to a transit agency manager who has made outstanding contributions to advancing public transportation in North America.
During his three-year term, Li has:
- led SacRT to achieve the Transportation Security Administration’s Gold Standard Award for safety and security performance;
- jump-started a rail system modernization initiative;
- turned around the agency's negative financial situation to achieve a cost avoidance of $75 million;
- built a $20 million reserve fund;
- pioneered a transit oriented development program;
- fostered regional collaboration, and;
- pursued on-demand microtransit, mobile apps and micro-mobility options.
“[Li's] leadership at SacRT has created phenomenal results not only in the quality of service, but also in the restoration of positive financial ratings, increase in ridership, implementation of innovations, and the rebuilding of public trust,” said APTA President and CEO Paul Skoutelas in a press release.
Contact Progressive Railroading editorial staff.