Stay updated on news, articles and information for the rail industry
- Short Lines & Regionals
- Passenger Rail
- Legislative & Reg.
- Rail Industry Trends
- Supplier Spotlight
- High Speed Rail
Rail News: Labor
Teamsters re-elect Hoffa, Hall to lead union
International Brotherhood of Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa, General Secretary-Treasurer Ken Hall and other top trustees and international vice presidents were elected Nov. 18 in the 2016 Election of International Union Officers, according to unofficial results.
Hoffa was elected to a five-year term that will begin in mid-March 2017. He first took office in December 1998, and was re-elected in 2001, 2006 and 2011, according to a press release.
Hoffa and Hall pledged to continue the Teamsters' progress in national bargaining, organizing and political action.
"We will continue to lead the fight to organize the unorganized, ensure strong health care, good wages, a secure retirement and holding employers and politicians accountable," said Hoffa.
In addition to Hoffa and Hall, the 2017-2022 International Brotherhood of Teamsters General Executive Board members are:
• International vice presidents at large: Greg Floyd, president, Local Union 237, New York City; George Miranda, secretary-treasurer, Local Union 210, New York City; John Murphy, secretary-treasurer, Local Union 122, Boston; Fred Potter president, Local Union 469, Hazlet, N.J.; Fred Simpson, president, Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employees, Novi, Mich.; George Tedeschi, president, Graphic Communications Conference, Washington, D.C.; and Steve Vairma, secretary-treasurer, Local Union 455, Denver.
• Canadian region vice presidents: Francois LaPorte, president, Teamsters Canada, Laval, Quebec; Stan Hennessy, president, Local Union 31, Delta, British Columbia; and Craig McInnes, president, Local Union 938, Mississauga, Ontario.
• Western region vice presidents: Rome Aloise, secretary-treasurer, Local Union 853, Oakland, Calif.; Ron Herrera, secretary-treasurer, Local Union 396, Covina, Calif.; and Rick Middleton, secretary-treasurer, Local Union 572, Carson, Calif.
• Eastern region vice presidents: Bill Hamilton, president, Local Union 107, Philadelphia; Dan Kane Sr., Local Union 202, New York City; and Sean O’Brien, president, Local Union 25, Boston.
• Central region vice presidents: Bill Frisky, secretary-treasurer, Local Union 964, Brook Park, Ohio; Tony Jones, President, Local Union 413, Columbus, Ohio; Bob Kopystynsky, Local Union 710, Mokena, Ill.; and Avral Thompson, vice president, Local Union 89, Louisville, Ky.
• Southern region vice presidents: John Palmer, Local Union 657, San Antonio, Texas; and Kimberly Schultz, president, Local Union 2011, Sarasota, Fla.
• International trustees: Jim Kabell, secretary-treasurer, Local Union 245, Springfield, Mo.; Kevin Moore, president, Local Union 299, Detroit; and Denis Taylor, president, Local Union 355, Baltimore.
Contact Progressive Railroading editorial staff.