Media Kit » Try RailPrime™ Today! »
Progressive Railroading
Newsletter Sign Up
Stay updated on news, articles and information for the rail industry



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.




railPrime
View Current Digital Issue »


RAIL EMPLOYMENT & NOTICES



Rail News Home Communication and Signal

8/30/2007



Rail News: Communication and Signal

California county budgets $60 million for rail safety upgrades


advertisement


The Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) recently approved a $60 million budget to fund a rail safety program that will help cover the cost of numerous projects, such as upgrading 53 grade crossings to create quiet zones and improve pedestrian safety.

OCTA’s “Renewed Measure M” will fund 88 percent of program; the remaining 12 percent will be covered by local municipalities, including Anaheim, Dana Point, Irvine, Fullerton, Orange, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana and Tustin.

A 20-year funding program approved by county voters in 1990, Measure M allocates sales tax revenue to transportation system improvements.


Contact Progressive Railroading editorial staff.

More News from 8/30/2007