CFLP honored UP's work with a major state-owned logistics company in a benchmarking program, primarily the Class I's efforts in advancing logistics practices within China and collaborating internationally.
"We remain committed to supporting the domestic and international supply chains for the automotive marketplace as a complete transportation and logistics provider," said Linda Brandl, UP's vice president and general manager-automotive, in a press release.
UP also has named Marty Coalson president of subsidiary ShipCarsNow Inc., effective March 4. He succeeds Roland Fortner, who will assume a new position within UP's marketing and sales group.
A 34-year UP veteran, Coalson most recently was assistant vice president of damage prevention services. He previously gained domestic and international transportation experience by working with UP's intermodal and chemical business teams, and at one time was responsible for sales forecasting and rail network computer modeling.
Fortner, a 31-year UP veteran, was instrumental in forming and launching ShipCarsNow, which provides time-sensitive delivery and multi-modal rail services to auto traders.
Browse articles on Union Pacific on Progressive Railroading
- Commuter-rail service from Providence to Boston gives a transit-oriented development its
- Rail finance and leasing outlook: What are the key issues in 2013?
- Rail finance and leasing outlook: What has been the biggest change during the past 10 years? What will the next big change be?
- How the 2012 election results could shape rail industry issues
- Amtrak, California High Speed Rail Authority partner to buy new trains
- Association makes big contributions to small railroad industry over the past century
- Q4 2012 review: Signs that 2013 will be one terrific bridge year for the rails- analysis by Tony Hatch
- Progressive Railroading's 2013 Finance & Leasing Guide - Preface
- Banks - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Equipment Providers/Equipment Management Services - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Finance Companies - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Investment Banks - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Lessors - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Professional Services/Consulting - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Oil boom will sustain the economy, rail-car leasing sector in 2013 - by Toby Kolstad
- How track work components in the 'special' category are holding up to heavier loads
- Railroads should use their strong safety culture as a foundation for improving service and productivity (commentary)
- New rail-car rule in Canada eyes emerging technologies