<< Rail Magazine Articles Home
Union Pacific Railroad ArticleUnion Pacific Railroad
Union Pacific reports mixed coal train counts for November
Union Pacific Railroad
loaded 866 coal trains in the Southern Powder River Basin (SPRB) last month compared with 1,040 trains in November 2011. The Class I serves 10 mines in the SPRB.
UP also loaded 245 coal trains last month in the Colorado/Utah Region versus 201 trains a year ago. The railroad serves five coal mines in Colorado and five mines in Utah.
Browse articles on Union Pacific on Progressive Railroading
- Amtrak service to Norfolk will provide a much-needed option for Northeast Corridor travelers, Virginia rail department says
- Class I railroads' outlook for 2013 is a smidgen on the optimistic side
- MAP-21 gives transit execs some certainty in 2013
- Rail outlook 2013; reading the rail-car order barometer (Pat Foran, Context, December 2012)
- For Norfolk Southern, a new intermodal initiative is paying off in shorter trains and efficiency gains
- Amtrak reorganization outlined during House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee hearing
- Tracy DeLeon, League of Railway Industry Women's 2012 'woman of the year,' talks career success
- Positive train control a tall order for short line railroads
- U.S. locomotive order activity has slowed, but demand for GenSets is up for some motive power manufacturers
- Rail-car deliveries to drop to 47,000 in 2013 — by Toby Kolstad
- Track inspection equipment and services update
- Domestic container volume up in 3Q, IANA says; plus, freight rail traffic data
- Railroad Contractor Case Studies (advertorial)
Progressive Railroading editorial staff.