Alstom obtained a $570.6 million order from Italian railway operator Trenitalia to supply 70 new Coradia Meridian trains. Delivery is expected to begin a year after the contract signing. The trains will operate in several regions in Italy and serve the link between Fiumicino International Airport and Roma Termini Station. The Coradia Meridian product line is designed to meet the needs of regional operators in southern Europe, according to Alstom.
Siemens won an order for 23 electric locomotives from DB Schenker Rail Polska S.A., a Polish subsidiary of the European DB Schenker Rail. The order is the largest Siemens has received for its new Vectron locomotive generation, according to a company press release. In addition, Siemens secured an option for another 13 locomotives. DB Schenker Rail Polska will use the vehicles for freight-rail service. The order value is "in the high double-digit million range," the press release states.
CTC Inc., formerly Campbell Technology Corp., has rolled out a new name and branding to reflect a core service of the company: rail signaling. The company also adopted a new logo to symbolize the rail and highway industries it serves. Rebranding also allowed the company to move its website to a more visible URL, CTC officials said in a press release.
Ronald Colas has been named a vice president in the Miami office of Parsons Brinckerhoff. He will serve as the Miami area manager, responsible for managing operations in south Florida, the Caribbean and Latin America. Colas has 25 years of transportation industry experience.
Browse articles on Bombardier Transportation on Progressive Railroading
- Amtrak service to Norfolk will provide a much-needed option for Northeast Corridor travelers, Virginia rail department says
- Class I railroads' outlook for 2013 is a smidgen on the optimistic side
- MAP-21 gives transit execs some certainty in 2013
- Rail outlook 2013; reading the rail-car order barometer (Pat Foran, Context, December 2012)
- For Norfolk Southern, a new intermodal initiative is paying off in shorter trains and efficiency gains
- Amtrak reorganization outlined during House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee hearing
- Tracy DeLeon, League of Railway Industry Women's 2012 'woman of the year,' talks career success
- Positive train control a tall order for short line railroads
- U.S. locomotive order activity has slowed, but demand for GenSets is up for some motive power manufacturers
- Rail-car deliveries to drop to 47,000 in 2013 — by Toby Kolstad
- Track inspection equipment and services update
- Domestic container volume up in 3Q, IANA says; plus, freight rail traffic data
- Railroad Contractor Case Studies (advertorial)