• Racine Railroad Products Inc. will undertake a building acquisition and workforce expansion at its new location in Mount Pleasant, Wis., the Racine County Economic Development Corp. announced in a press release. Demand for the company’s primary products has shifted from smaller equipment to larger, single-operator railway maintenance equipment, which necessitated a new plant to accommodate both types of equipment, said Racine Railroad President Stephen Birkholz in a prepared statement. The company’s project was eligible for $620,000 in tax credits through the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp., $49,000 in job-training grants from the Racine County Workforce Development Board and $300,000 in tax reinvestment program financing assistance from the village of Mount Pleasant.
• Lat-Lon L.L.C. has been awarded the Gold Value Chain Award in Fleet Management from Connected World Magazine. The award was presented recently at the annual Connected World Conference in St. Charles, Ill., “to distinguish the most successful corporate adopters of M2M technology and connected devices,” according to a company press release. The company was recognized for its innovative approach to tracking and monitoring cargo and equipment with its wireless, self-contained Solar Powered Tracking Unit.
Browse articles on Boatright Cos. on Progressive Railroading
- Intermodal will continue to be a big traffic driver for Florida East Coast Railway
- Union Pacific focuses on growth as it marks its 150th anniversary
- Union Pacific and the Durrant family legacy
- Jobs at Union Pacific: Railroad seeks to recruit, retain 15,000 workers in the next five years
- Rail technology development at Union Pacific
- California high-speed rail officials still aiming for 2012 construction launch
- Alaska Railroad passenger operations in jeopardy as company braces for a potential loss of significant federal funds
- Rail grinding equipment update 2012
- Positive train control mandate adds to remote power challenges
- Freight rail traffic data and infrastructure spending trends, June 2012
- At Union Pacific, the next stop is the next level; Orvie Linsin, 1939-2012 (Context, June 2012)
- TEX Rail is on track for DFW Airport, says The T's Ruddell
- Warrensburg and Pertle Springs streetcar revival being pondered by Missouri brothers