RailComm has been chosen to provide its Domain Operations Controller (DOC®) train control system for Northshore Mining. The the system will have functionality for centralized traffic control through RailComm's web-enabled software-as-a-service delivery method. Northshore Mining will have the ability to dispatch its railroad wherever an Internet connection is available, according to a RailComm press release.
Canadian Pacific Vice President and Chief Information Officer Michael Redeker has been elected to Railinc Corp.'s board. Redeker "brings the vision and IT experience we value as Railinc continuously improves its service to the freight rail industry," said Railinc President and Chief Executive Officer Allen West in a prepared statement. Redeker joined CP in October 2012. He previously served as CIO at ATB Financial and spent 11 years at IBM Canada.
Bombardier Transportation has agreed to provide rail engineering expertise to students and instructors at Kasetsart University in Thailand for the next five years. Bombardier officials will deliver lectures on advanced signaling technology and assist in developing signaling and train control courses. In addition, the company will participate with the university in signaling and train control technology events and support presentation and research efforts, according to a Bombardier press release.
Browse articles on BNSF Logistics L.L.C. on Progressive Railroading
- Operation Lifesaver Inc. starts new chapter with Joyce Rose at the helm
- Crude oil and intermodal will drive rail traffic for BNSF over the long term
- Metrolink's DePallo plans to build on progress, develop long-term strategy
- RailTrends 2012 represented a full deconstruction of the North American rail industry — by Tony Hatch
- CREATE update: Grade crossing upgrades, separations and closures
- TriMet's Portland-Milwaukie project will add vital link to southeast destinations
- Union Pacific opens information technology center in Austin
- Marcellus and Utica shale drilling keeps railroads busy
- Carload Express creates Ohio short line to tap two eastern shales
- Grade crossing safety: Freight and passenger railroads take a multi-pronged approach
- High-speed rail is on a slower, but steady, track: HNTB
- Material handling and distribution equipment update
- Santa Clara VTA aims for succession planning success with IT department pilot