OLI seeks to raise awareness of the Operation Lifesaver brand by forging partnerships with national transportation and safety organizations; increase its focus on passenger-rail safety while continuing freight-rail safety efforts; and expand the audience for its message through greater use of digital communications, e-learning and social media, said Rose in a prepared statement.
She noted that the Federal Transit Administration has been assigned new safety oversight responsibilities under the current surface transportation law known as MAP-21.
"OLI will participate in the implementation of this new program to ensure that rail crossing and pedestrian safety issues are considered," Rose said.
AASHTO is an important national partner for OLI, she said, adding that her organization would "like to do more with state departments of transportation through AASHTO to strengthen relationships with our state OL programs."
For more information about Rose and her role at OLI, click here to read a recent profile posted on ProgressiveRailroading.com.
Browse articles on Operation Lifesaver Inc. on Progressive Railroading
- Commuter-rail service from Providence to Boston gives a transit-oriented development its
- Rail finance and leasing outlook: What are the key issues in 2013?
- Rail finance and leasing outlook: What has been the biggest change during the past 10 years? What will the next big change be?
- How the 2012 election results could shape rail industry issues
- Amtrak, California High Speed Rail Authority partner to buy new trains
- Association makes big contributions to small railroad industry over the past century
- Q4 2012 review: Signs that 2013 will be one terrific bridge year for the rails- analysis by Tony Hatch
- Progressive Railroading's 2013 Finance & Leasing Guide - Preface
- Banks - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Equipment Providers/Equipment Management Services - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Finance Companies - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Investment Banks - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Lessors - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Professional Services/Consulting - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Oil boom will sustain the economy, rail-car leasing sector in 2013 - by Toby Kolstad
- How track work components in the 'special' category are holding up to heavier loads
- Railroads should use their strong safety culture as a foundation for improving service and productivity (commentary)
- New rail-car rule in Canada eyes emerging technologies