• Submitting multiple grant applications and, as of 2010's end, obtaining more than $55 million for various projects;
• Using $12.5 million in federal stimulus funds to build a new entrance to the Red Line Cermak-Chinatown Station while the main entrance is being rebuilt;
• Through a partnership with the Chicago Department of Transportation, rehabilitating the Grand Red Line subway station and constructing the Morgan Green Line station in the West Loop;
• Reaching an agreement with Apple Inc. to supply funding to pay for refurbishing the Red Line’s North/Clybourn station;
• In-service testing of the new 5000-series prototype rail cars;
• Enhancing security and expanding surveillance with funding from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security; and
• Forming a task force to develop a new plan for improving accessibility under the Americans with Disabilities Act.