Most recently director of industrial development, Reiner will be stationed in Atlanta and report to VP of Business Development Robert Martinez.
Reiner joined NS as a co-op student in the industrial development engineering department in 1978. He worked for the railroad's engineering department after graduation in 1982 and later joined the industrial development department in 1990 as a development engineer.
Baker joined the engineering department in 1973 and served in several positions of increasing responsibility before he became AVP of industrial development in 2008.
"Newell has done an extraordinary job during his tenure as AVP, perhaps most prominently in achieving record back-to-back project growth for each of the five years during which he has held that job," said Martinez in a prepared statement.
NS works with state and local economic development authorities on projects involving site location and development of infrastructure to connect shippers to its rail system, and provides free plant location services.
Browse articles on Norfolk Southern on Progressive Railroading
- Commuter-rail service from Providence to Boston gives a transit-oriented development its
- Rail finance and leasing outlook: What are the key issues in 2013?
- Rail finance and leasing outlook: What has been the biggest change during the past 10 years? What will the next big change be?
- How the 2012 election results could shape rail industry issues
- Amtrak, California High Speed Rail Authority partner to buy new trains
- Association makes big contributions to small railroad industry over the past century
- Q4 2012 review: Signs that 2013 will be one terrific bridge year for the rails- analysis by Tony Hatch
- Progressive Railroading's 2013 Finance & Leasing Guide - Preface
- Banks - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Equipment Providers/Equipment Management Services - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Finance Companies - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Investment Banks - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Lessors - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Professional Services/Consulting - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Oil boom will sustain the economy, rail-car leasing sector in 2013 - by Toby Kolstad
- How track work components in the 'special' category are holding up to heavier loads
- Railroads should use their strong safety culture as a foundation for improving service and productivity (commentary)
- New rail-car rule in Canada eyes emerging technologies