Kendall most recently was regional VP for state government affairs for the Mid-Atlantic Region. While serving in the post, he generated "substantial support" for major infrastructure investment projects, including the National Gateway double-stack intermodal corridor between Mid-Atlantic ports and Midwestern distribution centers, CSX officials said in a prepared statement. Kendall also successfully coordinated CSX-wide efforts to broaden recognition of freight rail benefits and led efforts to support growth at the Port of Virginia, they said.
Prior to joining CSX, Kendall served as chief of staff to former U.S. Transportation Secretary Mary Peters, and deputy assistant secretary of budget and programs at the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT).
O'Malley had served as VP of state government and community affairs since 2007. He previously held several posts at the USDOT, including counselor to the under secretary for policy, deputy assistant secretary for policy and chief of staff at the Federal Aviation Administration.
Browse articles on CSX on Progressive Railroading
- Commuter-rail service from Providence to Boston gives a transit-oriented development its
- Rail finance and leasing outlook: What are the key issues in 2013?
- Rail finance and leasing outlook: What has been the biggest change during the past 10 years? What will the next big change be?
- How the 2012 election results could shape rail industry issues
- Amtrak, California High Speed Rail Authority partner to buy new trains
- Association makes big contributions to small railroad industry over the past century
- Q4 2012 review: Signs that 2013 will be one terrific bridge year for the rails- analysis by Tony Hatch
- Progressive Railroading's 2013 Finance & Leasing Guide - Preface
- Banks - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Equipment Providers/Equipment Management Services - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Finance Companies - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Investment Banks - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Lessors - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Professional Services/Consulting - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Oil boom will sustain the economy, rail-car leasing sector in 2013 - by Toby Kolstad
- How track work components in the 'special' category are holding up to heavier loads
- Railroads should use their strong safety culture as a foundation for improving service and productivity (commentary)
- New rail-car rule in Canada eyes emerging technologies