Chairman since January 2012, Gutierrez has been an ACE board member for four years. First elected to San Gabriel's City Council in 2001, he has served as mayor three times.
"I am honored to have the confidence of my colleagues as we lead ACE … into the busiest period ever in its 15-year history," said Gutierrez in a prepared statement.
Macias has been an ACE board member since January 2012. First elected to the El Monte City Council in 2009, she currently serves as the city's delegate for the League of California Cities.
Elected officials from the cities of El Monte, Industry, Montebello, San Gabriel and Pomona, Los Angeles County and San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments serve on ACE's seven-member board.
Three of the authority's grade separation projects are under construction in San Gabriel, El Monte and Industry, and another five projects are in the design phase. ACE has completed seven grade separations in Industry, West Covina, Pomona, El Monte and Diamond Bar, as well as safety improvements at 39 grade crossings in the valley.
Browse articles on Alameda Corridor-East Construction Authority on Progressive Railroading
- Commuter-rail service from Providence to Boston gives a transit-oriented development its
- Rail finance and leasing outlook: What are the key issues in 2013?
- Rail finance and leasing outlook: What has been the biggest change during the past 10 years? What will the next big change be?
- How the 2012 election results could shape rail industry issues
- Amtrak, California High Speed Rail Authority partner to buy new trains
- Association makes big contributions to small railroad industry over the past century
- Q4 2012 review: Signs that 2013 will be one terrific bridge year for the rails- analysis by Tony Hatch
- Progressive Railroading's 2013 Finance & Leasing Guide - Preface
- Banks - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Equipment Providers/Equipment Management Services - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Finance Companies - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Investment Banks - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Lessors - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Professional Services/Consulting - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Oil boom will sustain the economy, rail-car leasing sector in 2013 - by Toby Kolstad
- How track work components in the 'special' category are holding up to heavier loads
- Railroads should use their strong safety culture as a foundation for improving service and productivity (commentary)
- New rail-car rule in Canada eyes emerging technologies