Snow has served as president of consulting firm JWS Associates L.L.C. since October 2006. He previously was U.S. treasury secretary from February 2003 to June 2006, and prior to that, was chairman, president and chief executive officer of CSX.
Snow also previously held several senior roles at the U.S. Department of Transportation and was chairman of the Business Roundtable, a group of CEOs at major U.S. corporations that aim to promote pro-business public policy.
"John's experience in managing large regulated public companies and his expertise in the areas of regulation, public policy and risk management will enhance the board and the value we bring to the organization and its shareholders," said LPS Chairman Lee Kennedy in a prepared statement.
Browse articles on CSX on Progressive Railroading
- At CSX, a healthier employee is a safer employee
- For New York, New Jersey transit agencies, the Hurricane Sandy recovery process continues
- On resiliency and not going back, post-Sandy
- Progress with positive train control gauged at NTSB forum
- TTCI's Stabler stresses quality, reputable railroad research at Colorado R&D facility
- Class I railroads rate the state of positive train control
- Canadian Pacific rides the crude-oil wave
- Railroad suppliers provide ways to prevent track from bending and twisting
- Capital Metro adds Pinterest to social media arsenal