The new board members are Rebecca Saltzman, who will represent District 3; and Zakhary Mallett, who will represent District 7.
Saltzman is a public transit and public policy advocate who works as a government affairs manager for a California environmental organization. Mallet is a city and transportation planner. A transit advocate for more than a decade, he has participated in transportation studies while advocating for investments that allow public transit as an alternative to driving, BART officials said in a prepared statement.
- Operation Lifesaver Inc. starts new chapter with Joyce Rose at the helm
- Crude oil and intermodal will drive rail traffic for BNSF over the long term
- Metrolink's DePallo plans to build on progress, develop long-term strategy
- RailTrends 2012 represented a full deconstruction of the North American rail industry — by Tony Hatch
- CREATE update: Grade crossing upgrades, separations and closures
- TriMet's Portland-Milwaukie project will add vital link to southeast destinations
- Union Pacific opens information technology center in Austin
- Marcellus and Utica shale drilling keeps railroads busy
- Carload Express creates Ohio short line to tap two eastern shales
- Grade crossing safety: Freight and passenger railroads take a multi-pronged approach
- High-speed rail is on a slower, but steady, track: HNTB
- Material handling and distribution equipment update
- Santa Clara VTA aims for succession planning success with IT department pilot