Goldman formerly was a superintendent for CN in Fond du Lac, Wis. He previously held various management posts at CN, including assistant superintendent, operations manager, senior manager of a regional operations center in Homewood, Ill., and trainmaster. In addition, Goldman served stints at Norfolk Southern Railway as a switchman, assistant trainmaster, terminal trainmaster and trainmaster.
Anacostia Rail also named James Connolly a roadmaster and Michael Candella, a trainmaster for LRIC. Connolly previously was manager of track maintenance for Anacostia's Pacific Harbor Line Inc. and Candella previously was a trainmaster for the Alabama & Gulf Coast Railroad.
For the New York & Atlantic Railway, Anacostia Rail appointed James Bonner director of sales and marketing. He most recently was general manager for the Connecticut Southern Railroad. Bonner previously served as manager of RailAmerica Inc.'s regional customer service center, and held various operating posts with the Otter Tail Valley and California Northern railroads.
Browse articles on Anacostia Rail Holdings on Progressive Railroading
- Operation Lifesaver Inc. starts new chapter with Joyce Rose at the helm
- Crude oil and intermodal will drive rail traffic for BNSF over the long term
- Metrolink's DePallo plans to build on progress, develop long-term strategy
- RailTrends 2012 represented a full deconstruction of the North American rail industry — by Tony Hatch
- CREATE update: Grade crossing upgrades, separations and closures
- TriMet's Portland-Milwaukie project will add vital link to southeast destinations
- Union Pacific opens information technology center in Austin
- Marcellus and Utica shale drilling keeps railroads busy
- Carload Express creates Ohio short line to tap two eastern shales
- Grade crossing safety: Freight and passenger railroads take a multi-pronged approach
- High-speed rail is on a slower, but steady, track: HNTB
- Material handling and distribution equipment update
- Santa Clara VTA aims for succession planning success with IT department pilot