Hopp has been ARRC's director of special projects since 2011. In that role, he oversees two major rail extension projects: the Port MacKenzie Rail Extension and Northern Rail Extension's first phase.
Hopp joined ARRC in 2001 as a capital projects manager, and in 2003 became manager of civil projects. Prior to joining the railroad, he worked for engineering firm Transystems Corp. From 1995 to 2001, Hopp provided project management services to BNSF Railway Co. and Union Pacific Railroad.
"Clark has proven himself repeatedly as a very effective project manager for our railroad and for much larger railroads," said Brooks, who joined ARRC in 1986 as the engineering office supervisor.
In 1987, Brooks was named manager of civil engineering, marking the first of several promotions during his 27-year career. In 1991, he became chief engineer. Brooks later added the executive duties as assistant VP of projects in 2005, and rose to VP of engineering in 2010.
ARRC "has benefitted greatly" from Brooks leadership, said President and Chief Executive Chris Aadnesen.
Browse articles on Alaska Railroad Corp. on Progressive Railroading
- Commuter-rail service from Providence to Boston gives a transit-oriented development its
- Rail finance and leasing outlook: What are the key issues in 2013?
- Rail finance and leasing outlook: What has been the biggest change during the past 10 years? What will the next big change be?
- How the 2012 election results could shape rail industry issues
- Amtrak, California High Speed Rail Authority partner to buy new trains
- Association makes big contributions to small railroad industry over the past century
- Q4 2012 review: Signs that 2013 will be one terrific bridge year for the rails- analysis by Tony Hatch
- Progressive Railroading's 2013 Finance & Leasing Guide - Preface
- Banks - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Equipment Providers/Equipment Management Services - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Finance Companies - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Investment Banks - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Lessors - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Professional Services/Consulting - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Oil boom will sustain the economy, rail-car leasing sector in 2013 - by Toby Kolstad
- How track work components in the 'special' category are holding up to heavier loads
- Railroads should use their strong safety culture as a foundation for improving service and productivity (commentary)
- New rail-car rule in Canada eyes emerging technologies