• RMI has named Lester Hightower vice president, RailDOCS Solutions. Hightower will oversee client services and plan logistics/customer support groups, and the general office administration for RMI’s Jacksonville, Fla., facilities. Mike Wilson will be stepping down as president RMI-Jax (RailDOCS) on April 9.
• Eta Phi Systems was awarded a contract to upgrade Amtrak’s Passenger Information Display System on the Capitol and San Joaquin corridors, Surfliner Service and Altamont Commuter Express Line, which runs between Stockton and San Jose, Calif. The upgrades will enable Amtrak to provide estimated time of arrival for announcements, informational messages and special event advertising on Daktronics signs.
• Trinity Industries Inc. has named William McWhirther II senior vice president and group president of the construction products and inland barge segments, and the rail components business line. James Perry will succeed McWhirther as the company’s senior vice president and chief financial officer.
• L.B. Foster and Portec Rail Products have received a formal second request from the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice for additional information regarding the planned merger of the two companies.
• Wabtec Corp.’s Wabtec Rail subsidiary has received a $26 million contract to overhaul 286 transit cars for England’s Angel Trains. The contract is expected to run through 2014.
• Finmeccanica has appointed Nina Laserson Dunn as senior advisor to Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Pier Francesco Guarguaglini, and as vice chairman of Meccanica Holdings Inc.
Browse articles on RMI on Progressive Railroading