The information presented will summarize the draft tier 1 service-level environmental impact statement (Draft EIS), including the project's purpose and need, reasonable alternatives and a description of the potential environmental impacts of the alternatives considered, Iowa DOT officials said in a prepared statement.
Two hearings will be held in Iowa and one in Chicago. Comments on the Draft EIS will be accepted through Dec. 26.
- Railroad safety, rail service the onus of Norfolk Southern's new dual-purpose committees
- Norfolk Southern seeks to improve railroad safety by cultivating a new safety culture
- A new safety culture at Norfolk Southern; RailTrends rescheduled
- Financial reports from Class I railroads in third quarter show resilience in the face of weak markets, soft economy
- Railroads tackle major bridge projects to replace worn-out structures, speed up trains and improve access to rail service
- Railroads rely on lightning protection equipment to protect increasingly sensitive wayside electronics
- Lift systems help railroads service and repair assets
- U.S. infrastructure spending a hot topic for analysis; plus, freight rail traffic data
- Santa, holiday trains deliver cheer, charity