The appointments were made yesterday, as the full committee prepares for its organizational meeting today.
"In the coming months, the committee will focus on strengthening the nation's transportation network and reforming programs for a more competitive and prosperous America," Shuster said in a prepared statement.
The vice chairmen and their subcommittees will be Rep. Richard Hanna (R-N.Y.), Railroads, Pipelines and Hazardous Materials; Rep. Reid Ribble (R-Wis.), Highways and Transit; Rep. Rodney Davis (R-Ill.), Aviation; Rep. Steve Southerland (R-Fla.), Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation; Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-Texas), Economic Development, Public Buildings and Emergency Management; and Rep. Rick Crawford (R-Ariz), Water Resources and Environment.
The ranking members and their subcommittees will be Rep. Corrine Brown (D-Fla.), Railroads, Pipelines and Hazardous Materials; Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-Oregon), Highways and Transit; Rep. John Garamendi (D-Calif.), Aviation; Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-D.C.), Economic Development, Public Buildings and Emergency Management; Rep. Rick Larsen (D-Wash.), Aviation; and Rep. Timothy Bishop (D-N.Y.), Water Resources and Environment.
Browse articles on House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee on Progressive Railroading
- Operation Lifesaver Inc. starts new chapter with Joyce Rose at the helm
- Crude oil and intermodal will drive rail traffic for BNSF over the long term
- Metrolink's DePallo plans to build on progress, develop long-term strategy
- RailTrends 2012 represented a full deconstruction of the North American rail industry — by Tony Hatch
- CREATE update: Grade crossing upgrades, separations and closures
- TriMet's Portland-Milwaukie project will add vital link to southeast destinations
- Union Pacific opens information technology center in Austin
- Marcellus and Utica shale drilling keeps railroads busy
- Carload Express creates Ohio short line to tap two eastern shales
- Grade crossing safety: Freight and passenger railroads take a multi-pronged approach
- High-speed rail is on a slower, but steady, track: HNTB
- Material handling and distribution equipment update
- Santa Clara VTA aims for succession planning success with IT department pilot