The agreement would cover about 450 employees who maintain and install railway signal and communication systems throughout Canada.
Details of the agreement are being withheld pending ratification by IBEW members.
Browse articles on The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers on Progressive Railroading
- Railroad safety, rail service the onus of Norfolk Southern's new dual-purpose committees
- Norfolk Southern seeks to improve railroad safety by cultivating a new safety culture
- A new safety culture at Norfolk Southern; RailTrends rescheduled
- Financial reports from Class I railroads in third quarter show resilience in the face of weak markets, soft economy
- Railroads tackle major bridge projects to replace worn-out structures, speed up trains and improve access to rail service
- Railroads rely on lightning protection equipment to protect increasingly sensitive wayside electronics
- Lift systems help railroads service and repair assets
- U.S. infrastructure spending a hot topic for analysis; plus, freight rail traffic data
- Santa, holiday trains deliver cheer, charity