<< Rail Magazine Articles Home
Canadian National Railway - CN ArticleCanadian National Railway - CN
CN's corporate culture among Canada's most admired, Waterstone says
Canadian executive search firm Waterstone Human Capital recently cited CN
for crafting one of Canada's "10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures" of 2012. The Class I was chosen for the honor from more than 600 nominated companies.
Waterstone assessed the railroad's leadership, organizational culture, corporate responsibility and innovation, and "was impressed with CN's successful transformation from the rail industry laggard to today's rail industry leader," CN officials said in a prepared statement.
"CN's business agenda is shaped by what the company stands for: creating value for its customers and shareholders, delivering goods safely and sustainably, supporting the economies we serve, and connecting strongly with our employees," said President and Chief Executive Officer Claude Mongeau. "CN has experienced a remarkable transformational journey and will continue to pursue its role as a true backbone of the economy."
Browse articles on CN on Progressive Railroading
- Amtrak service to Norfolk will provide a much-needed option for Northeast Corridor travelers, Virginia rail department says
- Class I railroads' outlook for 2013 is a smidgen on the optimistic side
- MAP-21 gives transit execs some certainty in 2013
- Rail outlook 2013; reading the rail-car order barometer (Pat Foran, Context, December 2012)
- For Norfolk Southern, a new intermodal initiative is paying off in shorter trains and efficiency gains
- Amtrak reorganization outlined during House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee hearing
- Tracy DeLeon, League of Railway Industry Women's 2012 'woman of the year,' talks career success
- Positive train control a tall order for short line railroads
- U.S. locomotive order activity has slowed, but demand for GenSets is up for some motive power manufacturers
- Rail-car deliveries to drop to 47,000 in 2013 — by Toby Kolstad
- Track inspection equipment and services update
- Domestic container volume up in 3Q, IANA says; plus, freight rail traffic data
- Railroad Contractor Case Studies (advertorial)
Progressive Railroading editorial staff.