Stay updated on news, articles and information for the rail industry
- Short Lines & Regionals
- Passenger Rail
- Legislative & Reg.
- Rail Industry Trends
- Supplier Spotlight
- High Speed Rail
Rail News: Railroading People
CN retains Pace as chair, assigns CEO Ruest and others to board
CN yesterday announced Robert Pace was unanimously re-elected by its board as chairman.
He is president and chief executive officer of The Pace Group Ltd., a Halifax-based company that's engaged in radio broadcasting, real estate and environmental services. Pace, who became CN's chair in 2014, also is chairman of the Walter Gordon Foundation, and a board member for the Atlantic Salmon Federation and Asia Pacific Corp.
CN also announced its President and Chief Executive Officer Jean-Jacques Ruest was elected as a board member. The other newly elected board directors are:
• Shauneen Bruder, executive vice president of operations for Royal Bank of Canada;
• Donald Carty, retired vice chair and chief financial officer of Dell Inc.;
• Gordon Giffin, global vice chair and partner of Dentons law firm;
• Julie Godin, vice chair, EVP and chief of planning and administration officer for CGI Inc.;
• Edith Holiday, corporate director, trustee and former general counsel for the U.S. Treasury Department;
• Maureen Kempston Darkes, retired group VP and president of Latin America, Africa and the Middle East for General Motors Corp.;
• Denis Losier, retired president and CEO of Assumption Life;
• Kevin Lynch, vice chair of BMO Financial Group;
• James O’Connor, retired chair of Republic Services Inc.;
• Robert Phillips, president of R.L. Phillips Investments Inc.; and
• Laura Stein, EVP-general counsel and corporate affairs for The Clorox Co.
CN also recently announced its donating CA$75,000 to the Canadian Red Cross to support relief efforts for flood victims in the hard-hit areas of Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick. The Class I is encouraging employees to donate as well through the CN Employees' and Pensioners' Community Fund. The company will match workers' donations.
Contact Progressive Railroading editorial staff.