Stay updated on news, articles and information for the rail industry
- Short Lines & Regionals
- Passenger Rail
- Legislative & Reg.
- Rail Industry Trends
- Supplier Spotlight
- High Speed Rail
Rail News: Railroading People
APTA nominates Fernandez, Nelson as board officers
The American Public Transportation Association (APTA) Nominating Committee last week selected Nuria Fernandez to serve as the board’s chair and Jeffrey Nelson to serve as vice chair.
General manager and chief executive officer of the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority in San Jose, California, Fernandez previously was APTA’s vice chair. Nelson is a former member of the APTA Executive Committee and general manager of the Rock Island County Metropolitan Mass Transit District in Moline, Illinois.
Freddie Fuller, vice president of electronic payment systems for Jacobs Engineering Group, will remain secretary-treasurer. This year's chair, David Stackrow, who’s board treasurer of the Capital District Transportation Authority in Albany, New York, will serve as the immediate past chair.
The committee also nominated three members-at-large for a three-year term on the Executive Committee: Thomas Waldron, senior VP of HDR, as a business board member-at-large; Michele Wong Krause, secretary of the Dallas Area Rapid Transit, as a transit board member-at-large; and Henry Li, general manager and CEO of the Sacramento Regional Transit District, at-large.
In addition, the committee nominated the following board members to three-year terms:
- Dorval Carter, president of the Chicago Transit Authority;
- Kimberly Dunham, executive director of the Greater New Haven Transit District;
- Inez Evans, president and CEO of IndyGo;
- Arezou Jolly, vice chair of the Jacksonville Transportation Authority;
- Bacarra Sanderson Mauldin, executive director of ClasTran;
- Natalie Cornell, director of business development for LTK Engineering Services;
- Jack Martinson, Alstom VP and customer director; and
- Jose Bustamante, VP of STV Inc. national business development in the transportation and infrastructure division.
APTA members will vote on the 2019-2020 slate of officers Oct. 12 during the 2019 TRANSform Conference.
Contact Progressive Railroading editorial staff.