Stay updated on news, articles and information for the rail industry
- Short Lines & Regionals
- Passenger Rail
- Legislative & Reg.
- Rail Industry Trends
- Supplier Spotlight
- High Speed Rail
Rail News: People
Progressive Railroading names 2014 'Rising Stars'
Today, Progressive Railroading is announcing 20 individuals selected by the magazine's editorial staff as "Rising Stars" of North America's railroad industry for 2014.
The magazine defines a "Rising Star" as someone under the age of 40 who has made, or is making, a positive impact on his or her company, organization, department or team, and is viewed by others — peers, colleagues, supervisors, clients or associates — as an up-and-coming leader in the rail industry.
During a nomination process conducted earlier this year, Progressive Railroading readers submitted more than 100 nominations of individuals who work for Class Is, regionals, short lines, passenger railroads, transit agencies, government agencies, academic institutions, engineering firms or suppliers.
This year's 20 Rising Star honorees were chosen based on their contributions to the railroad industry, career achievements, demonstrated leadership, professional association activity or community involvement. They will be profiled in a section to be published in Progressive Railroading's September issue.
Also, the 2014 honorees will be recognized at a dinner to be held Sept. 14 in conjunction with the American Association of Railroad Superintendents' 2014 Annual Meeting (Sept. 14-16) at the Union League Club in Chicago. Click here for more information.
The Rising Stars for 2014 and the organizations they work for are:
• Chuck Baker, National Railroad Construction and Maintenance Association (Chambers, Conlon & Hartwell L.L.C.)
• Joshua Bendyk, VHB
• Jennifer Bergener, Orange County Transportation Authority
• Jesse Chalich, Northern Plains Railroad
• Roquita Coleman, CN
• Elisa Davies, Union Pacific Railroad
• Kevin Day, CN
• Kari Gonzales, Transportation Technology Center Inc.
• Jessica Hawkins Allen, Amtrak
• Jesse Heimowitz, MTA Long Island Rail Road
• Christine Howard, Union Pacific Railroad
• Mark Kelehan, Wolfe Research Securities
• Jessica Kramer Havens, Diesel Supply Co.
• John Manutes, Federal Railroad Administration
• Michael Nicoletti, Indiana Harbor Belt Railroad Co.
• Adam Nordstrom, Chambers, Conlon & Hartwell
• Rachael Peterson, Watco Cos. L.L.C.
• Kristine Storm, Genesee & Wyoming Inc.
• Daniel Stout, STX Railroad Construction Services
• Petra Todorovich Messick, Amtrak
KeywordsBrowse articles on Progressive Railroading Rising Stars
Contact Progressive Railroading editorial staff.