PTC and Its Impact on Short Lines and Regional Railroads
View Now. Click here to sign in and view this webcast
As the Dec. 31, 2015, deadline for full Positive Train Control (PTC) implementation grows closer, railroads are focusing on making an efficient, effective switch to the new technology - and controlling the costs of doing so. In the short-line and regional railroad communities challenges remain, to be sure, but a number of strategies are emerging that ensure small railroads meet the PTC mandate's project deadlines and price tag.
Join us for the FREE webcast "PTC and Its Impact on Short Lines and Regional Railroads" and learn how short lines and regional railroads are preparing for the transition to PTC. From current preparations to next steps, this presentation will provide you with a big-picture view of how short lines and regional railroads plan to tackle one of the most sweeping technological changes in the history of rail transportation.
This webcast will discuss:
- Emerging trends in system design and interoperability
- How short lines and regional railroads plan to tackle the mandate's cost
- The status of interoperability plans with Class Is
- Impacted interchange rules and updates
- What to expect between now and 2015's end