Most recently assistant vice president and general manager of rail-based logistics subsidiary Union Pacific Distribution Services (UPDS), Betsworth will be responsible for directing UP's intermodal facilities and network operations. She has more than 18 years of experience at the Class I, including a stint as AVP of industrial products marketing.
UP also named David Giandinoto AVP and GM of UPDS to succeed Betsworth; Neil Scott, general superintendent of transportation services-Chicago Service Unit to succeed Giandinoto; and John Turner, general superintendent of transportation services-Utah Service Unit to succeed Scott.
An 18-year UP veteran, Giandinoto has held various management positions in the operations and marketing and sales departments. Scott has 19 years' experience at the railroad and Turner, who most recently was director of transportation services-Portland Service Unit, has 14 years.
Meanwhile, UP has been named the "Top Dividend Stock of the Dow Transports" by the Dividend Channel in its most recent "DividendRank" report.
Among the components of the Dow Jones Transportation Average, UP shares displayed "both attractive valuation metrics and strong profitability metrics," the report states.
The Dividend Channel's list of the Top 10 DividendRank'ed Dow Transports Components ranks CSX Corp. at No. 1, GATX Corp. at No. 2, United Parcel Service at No. 3, J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc. at No. 4 and Kansas City Southern at No. 8.
Browse articles on Union Pacific on Progressive Railroading
- Commuter-rail service from Providence to Boston gives a transit-oriented development its
- Rail finance and leasing outlook: What are the key issues in 2013?
- Rail finance and leasing outlook: What has been the biggest change during the past 10 years? What will the next big change be?
- How the 2012 election results could shape rail industry issues
- Amtrak, California High Speed Rail Authority partner to buy new trains
- Association makes big contributions to small railroad industry over the past century
- Q4 2012 review: Signs that 2013 will be one terrific bridge year for the rails- analysis by Tony Hatch
- Progressive Railroading's 2013 Finance & Leasing Guide - Preface
- Banks - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Equipment Providers/Equipment Management Services - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Finance Companies - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Investment Banks - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Lessors - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Professional Services/Consulting - Rail Finance & Leasing Guide 2013
- Oil boom will sustain the economy, rail-car leasing sector in 2013 - by Toby Kolstad
- How track work components in the 'special' category are holding up to heavier loads
- Railroads should use their strong safety culture as a foundation for improving service and productivity (commentary)
- New rail-car rule in Canada eyes emerging technologies