The event will mark the end of construction of the West Rail Line and signify the start of testing in preparation for the line's April 26th opening, RTD officials said in a prepared statement.
Integrated testing began Jan. 3 with the light-rail vehicle running under its own power for the first time. Testing grade crossings ensures the gates, bells and lights are working properly, officials said.
The West Rail Line will be the first RTD FasTracks rail line to open. The 12.1-mile light-rail corridor line will run through Denver, Lakewood and Golden.
Browse articles on Regional Transportation District of Denver on Progressive Railroading
- Operation Lifesaver Inc. starts new chapter with Joyce Rose at the helm
- Crude oil and intermodal will drive rail traffic for BNSF over the long term
- Metrolink's DePallo plans to build on progress, develop long-term strategy
- RailTrends 2012 represented a full deconstruction of the North American rail industry — by Tony Hatch
- CREATE update: Grade crossing upgrades, separations and closures
- TriMet's Portland-Milwaukie project will add vital link to southeast destinations
- Union Pacific opens information technology center in Austin
- Marcellus and Utica shale drilling keeps railroads busy
- Carload Express creates Ohio short line to tap two eastern shales
- Grade crossing safety: Freight and passenger railroads take a multi-pronged approach
- High-speed rail is on a slower, but steady, track: HNTB
- Material handling and distribution equipment update
- Santa Clara VTA aims for succession planning success with IT department pilot